Well, as I said, ini semua curhatan gue. Opini yeah. Sifatnya relatif and some of you already know that I breathe sarcasm.
Tahap 3, benah kota di RT 03/09 Kelurahan Bondongan berhasil gue lalui di awal bulan Mei 2012. MEI AWAL.
Gue mau ceritain secara rinci detik-detik akhir yang paling menyebalkan dari Tahap 3 sampe masuk Tahap 4, yang gue rasa bakal jadi tahap terakhir buat gue di B-Next ini.
Closing Drama
We were almost done with the task given. The last schedule of my group was the closing ceremony on May 5. Since the members were fell kinda abandoned by the committee of the competition, we asked for a representative of Paguyuban Bogor to come to the closing ceremony. It was hard to finally make sure that someone would come. I contacted them like few times before D-Day and finally they said on D-1 (May 4) "Kang Bima seems busy on Saturday. I think we can't make it," said Mbak Anty, the contact person of the competition.
Seriously I was mad after hearing the statement. I told Jerry, my member, about the situation and we finally decided to go to Paguyuban Bogor for... pleading. Well I dunno whether pleading is the right word lol.
When we came on 5 PM, the office was empty. There was one officer who couldn't confirm a thing because he definitely know nothing about the whole drama. He said he would forward our message to the right person. We went back home with... Nothing.
Someone from Paguyuban Bogor finally reached me on 11 PM. She confirmed that Paguyuban Bogor would definitely send someone to our closing ceremony.
We found out on the following day, just an hour before the closing ceremony, that Kang Bima himself attended the event. The closing was far from perfect, I know. Whatever. We truly did our best.
Deadline&Inconsistency
There is no deadline in this competition. I'm serious. I'm keeping all the messages from Paguyuban Bogor.
First is when they told us to submit the report of our activities during Benah Kota. They said "...kirimkan ke [emailaddress] paling lambat besok kamis, 26 april 2012. Terimakasih" but then another messages came on May 1, telling us that the deadline was on that day at 5 PM.
The worst was... Saat panitia bilang pengumuman akan dipajang diwebsite Selasa, 08 Mei 2012 jam 8 malam. They broadcasted "Pengumuman bakal ada 8/5/12 8PM" twice plus reminded some of us via BBM group. But then on May 8 at 8.22 PM, they texted us "Pengumuman individu yang lolos di web belum bisa dilaksanakan hari ini ya. Nanti dikabari lagi oke"
asdfghjkl. I wasn't curious sih, I was sure that I would enter the next stage.
May 9, they said that the announcement would be on May 12 at X venue. They'll announce the individual and group winners. They reminded us again by sending another text. D-1, they changed the venue to Paguyuban Bogor's office. Yeah. Then, as of it not bad enough, I received another broadcast message 9 hours before the announcement, "Besok ONTIME ya jam 11 kurang [unattractive part omitted] Besok pengumuman juara individu. Yang kelompoknya nanti di final bnext". SERIOUSLY?!
Parahnya acaranya sama sekali ga ontime.
Saking keselnya, gue sangat emosi di acara tersebut dan act likeaboss. Main HP terus-terusan dengan tampang masam, sengaja pake short pants, maju dengan muka ga ramah kecuali pas foto daaan... sama sekali ga menunjukkan excitement seperti anak-anak lain saat pengumuman. Gimana mau sok excited, orang tanpa membuka amplop pengumuman individu yang dikasih pun kita bisa tau siapa yang lolos dan yang enggak. Tebalnya beda dan amplop untuk yang ga lolos bisa diterawang isinya.
![]() |
| Playing with my phone, all the time |
![]() |
| wearing short pants in purpose |
"Gue juga diajarin kalo ada acara kaya lomba atau show dimana gue pesertanya yang ga berlangsung sesuai dengan jadwal, tinggalin aja. Gausah nunggu, nyusahin dan buang-buang waktu. Toh kita ga butuh-butuh amat. Terus gimana kalo suatu saat nanti kita bikin acara dan orang kabur semua? Ya harus komit dan jangan ngaret, gampang kan."
That's why I'm not expecting tardiness but perfection.
Gue tau ga ada yang peduli sama schedule gue, tapi kemaren gue punya janji nari jam setengah 5 dan latihan jaipong jam setengah 7. Proses interviewnya sendiri baru dimulai pukul 3.45 PM dan beres pukul 4.15. Seriously, gue ga mau mengecewakan siapapun termasuk diri gue sendiri. I couldn't leave the interview because they give me no option, but in the same time I couldn't be late for my appointment. Akhirnya gue melakukan interview tanpa passion yang terpancar dari mata gue, seperti kata Kang Bima, karena memang pikiran gue saat itu "Gimana caranya biar ga telaaat... aduh" dan mata gue senantiasa tertuju pada jam tangan gue.
Sebenernya pertanyaannya seru-seru dan gue pengen jawab tapi ga kebagian dan males ngacung. Pertanyaan pertama, "Berita apa yang terakhir kamu baca di koran?" Gue merasa sangat aneh dan ga banget kalo gue bilang "BI masih bingung mengatur bunga deposito. Dilema kalo dikontrol ntar bank-bank kecil terbunuh sedangkan kalo ga dikontrol, LPS ga mau jamin."
Muahaha. Koran favorit gue emang harian Kontan :P lalu pertanyaan asik berikutnya,"Apa kamu setuju Atheis diperbolehkan di Indonesia?"
My answer would be, "SANGAT SETUJU! Agama atau kepercayaan itu kan bersifat pribadi bukannya komunal dan negara seharusnya tidak punya hak dalam mengatur kepercayaan rakyatnya." The following questions was "Kalo anak kamu jadi atheis, gimana? Kamu rela?" Ini pertanyaan sangat mudah. "Rela. Itu sudah jadi pilihan dia dan hidup dia, saya ga bakal mengatur-atur hidup anak saya karena dia yang paling mengerti dirinya sendiri." Well gue emang hidup ditengah keluarga yang mengutamakan kebebasan dan demokrasi.
Lalu pertanyaan soal aborsi. Gue ga setuju aborsi dilegalkan, seperti orang-orang pada umumnya. "Lalu kalau anak kamu atau kamu hamil diluar nikah?" Seriously, masa karena urusan pribadi jadi kebawa-bawa... I think my answer would be, "Hal itu terjadi karena perbuatan saya/anak saya. So saya rasa setiap orang harus bertanggung jawab atas perbuatannya and I definitely will."
Sayangnya gue terlalu ga mood saat interview dan jawaban kontroversial itupun hanya terpendam.
I suffered and learned a lot from the entire process of the competition. I think I already have enough lessons right now. I really know that I can't enter the next stage with the interview. I also know that they won't check my previous record to find out who can be the top 20 of 70 candidates.
Seriously konsep Bnext ini keren banget dan kreatif. Pelaksanaannya aja yang aneh. Kalo diibaratkan konser tuh kaya SS4INA. Gue yakin yang punya ide BNext ini pasti pinter banget dan inovatif. Cuma yaaa sayang sih karena gue gamau punya pemimpin yang cuma kreatif, passionate dan genius tapi pelaksanannya masih berantakan. Maksud gue, lomba ini kan mengajarkan dan berusaha mencetak generasi pemimpin yang baik, tapi masa contohnya ga baik? Pesan yang tersampaikan bisa aja jadi, "Buatlah konsep yang sebagus mungkin dan menarik lalu jalankan!" Titik. Kalo kaya gitu doang sih gue rasa semua bisa menjalankan tapi cuma sedikit yang bisa membuat itu berhasil atau terencana dengan baik. Contohnya semua peserta yang ikut Benah Kota pasti mencoba menjalankan programnya. Tapi niatnya, pelaksanaannya atau usahanya kan ga sama, apa langsung menjadi baik dengan hanya berpegang pada konsep yang bagus?
Tapi berinovasi emang penting sih. Jadilah perintis sesuatu yang baik, kelak ditiru dan disempurnakan banyak orang. Kontribusi perintis tetep paling besar dan paling berjasa, note that. Susah emang menciptakan acara yang sempurna itu. Susaaaaah banget.
Btw soal kebiasaan ngaret, gue teringat kata Dahlan Iskan, "Di Indonesia ini terjadi pembunuhan akal sehat."
Kedisiplinan dan ketepatan waktu itu penting tapi karena ngaret sudah jadi budaya akhirnya muncul konsep "yaa udah biasa laah kek gitu" dan kalo dibiarkan hasilnya gabaik. That's it! Menurut gue, we should fix the basic first kaya habit atau common perception yang salah baru deh step by step membenarkan negara ini.
Mungkin bukan jalan gue untuk jadi leader pilihan juri. Gapapa karena sia-sia juga jadi juara pertama kalo ga sesuai sama visi misi pribadi dan hati nurani. :P
Byebye BNext. Goodluck for the top 20 candidates! Bet my name won't be there :P


This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteYou know, I once got thrown out of a statistic class cause I was y'know...late, so best to put it is...I was refrained from entering the class and was not given the chance to explain. I am not particularly keen in being late despite being an Indonesian raised under the stereotype of our famous "Rubber Time" concept, my angkot actually hit an electrical pole thus injuring the poor passengers including myself.
ReplyDeleteSome days later my statistic lecturer came some 20 mins late and God I wish I had the authority to piss him out of the class too..but that was not to be...all I know is he came home walking that day as I recalled his one and only vehicle brokedown.
But hey, there is in fact no moral in this story (mine) but I tell you, Paguyuban Bogor went through an extraordinary chaos running this Leadership Contest given the number of contestants with their own schedule and interest, that is not to say that it was their fault...still we appreciate your thoughts.
Mind you, you were quite a spotlight catcher despite of the lack of enthusiasm reflected from the lines on your face that day...still, you were pretty good and might just make it as oine of the top finalists.
To top it off...you're name is in fact in it!
Dudi I. Sukendar
Paguyuban Bogor
It's really hard to run a perfect event, I know. I realized that everyone got a packed schedule, especially the committee. Both committee and participants have suffered a lot and I think everyone has tried their best to succeed B-Next.
DeleteThe things that matter the most for me is punctuality, as you pointed out already. I also set my hopes high on the committee to be consistent as I see that they're consisted of professionals ^^ I know it's not good to be impatient and keep complaining as we may do the same mistakes later. I think I was expecting too high since I'm kinda idealist&selfish. Well it's not good at all and I admit that I arrived late at the venue for several times too ^^
Lesson learned and maybe I'll try to do my best and expect the least. Thought my steps would've ended in this stage but yeah, I got chosen. Thanks to judges for giving me more chances to actualize myself ^^
Thank you for dropping by ^^