Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Lee Kuan Yew Quotes

I really like the Personal Life - Choosing when to go chapter in his One Man's View of The World book.

Here are some of the quotes that I could really resonate to
You must meet people, because you must have human contact if you want to broaden your perspective
Traveling overseas helps me widen my horizons. I see how other countries are developing. No country or city stays static.
Life is better than death. But death comes eventually to everyone. It is something which many in their prime may prefer not to think about. But at 89, I see no point avoiding the question. What concerns me is: How do I go?
I really want to say this when I grow old and feel that I have enough of life:
I am not given to making sense out of life - or coming up with some grand narrative on it - other than to measure it by what you think you want to do in life. As for me, I have done what I had wanted to, to the best of my ability. I am satisfied.
I truly admire him and I wish him the best of luck. One of my greatest wish is to meet Lee Kuan Yew in person and say how I really admire him as a person with the way he thinks and acts; not as the founding father that worshiped by many.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment