(just realized how sleepy I was when typing the post)
I had a very dramatic weekend (again).
It all started with high hopes of meeting Kak Rina, one of my closest SEALNet peeps from YLS13, in Seoul early so that we could spend an evening together before she headed back to Malaysia. She came here to attend events in Andong and Gyeongju then she stayed in Incheon for a night before her late morning flight. However, I needed to go to National Museum of Korea for culture class on Friday and it would only end at 6 PM. I was feeling really bad and promised that I would go to her guest house in Incheon directly after my class. So my busy Friday was filled by rushing back to my dorm directly after my morning class ended to take clothes to stay overnight and dressed up nicely for the occasion.
The drama started when Kak Rina messaged me that she would only leave Gyeongju after 6 PM. Not realizing how far is Gyeongju from Seoul, I said to her that we could still go shopping together at Dongdaemun. Later on, her schedule was messed up causing her to leave Gyeongju at 8PM - forcing me to wait back at my dorm.
I then headed to the guest house in Incheon at 9.30 PM and arrived at the nearest station at 11ish. I didn't know that the bus service for the day was already ended so I needed to take taxi. The taxi driver told me to call the guest house for directions and then he talked with the boss. The boss was really surprised for uninvited foreigner guest in late night and he was not in place when I called. Shortly speaking, I was locked out for a while in the middle of nowhere before a very kind young woman - mbak-mbak Korea - saved me. She was the one who opened the guest house door for me yeay!
I thought I could still make an on-site booking but the guest house was fully booked by Kak Rina's group. The woman then directed me to her room and asked me to wait there. It was a very mixed feeling, I was saved by a stranger that kind enough to shelter a foreigner with broken Korean. When I thought the mood would be awkward, she actually put effort to comfort me while waiting for Kak Rina.
Few minutes later the Boss of the guest house came and she explained my situation. She then tried to call Kak Rina's organizer but no one picked it up. There was nothing that we could do but waiting for the group from Gyeongju. I waited for 2.5 hours in her comfortable but small room with a lot of random thoughts. I couldn't believe my 'adventurous' story eh.
Kak Rina finally came at 1.30 AMish and I couldn't hold my excitement despite the crazy cold weather!
| not my prettiest face but... I loved the moment |
I was feeling so grateful and we didn't sleep until 4 AM. We woke up at 6.30 so it was like a very short nap actually haha.
![]() |
| foto di jalan raya yang super sepi jam 3 pagi |
We went out to a nearby convenience store, had a fun discussion OUTDOOR despite the 5 degree wind and joked around.
![]() |
| selfie muka bantal tara mandi tara cuci muka |
In the morning, we went straight to Incheon airport and spent the last moment together with fellow Indonesian delegates from the event that Kak Rina attended. In this extremely small world, the Indonesian guy is actually student of Fisipol UGM (same university, same faculty and same batch as I was!) and SEALNet YLS15 participant! Aing gak nyangka dunia sesempit ini, saudara-saudara.
We, of course, convinced him on how he should diligently fundraise for YLS. I am the money lady, baby.
We took last picture(s) before sending Kak Rina to the gate. It was very very short meeting but I walked home feeling delighted. I could not stop smiling despite realizing that I had a crazy weekend schedule that time.
I met my Korean tutor at 4 PM on that day after resuming my 'nap'. We had the most fun conversation ever about school and how Koreans are trying really hard to be the 'Samsung Man'. I learned a lot despite feeling uneasy for the night.
WHY? Because I had to conduct a fundraising workshop for YLS15! OK it was just an online workshop but it required so much preparation because, obviously, I am inexperienced. I was so worried to get the message across. Luckily, YLS13 peeps were there to help out and share their experience. I couldn't be more grateful for their presences! And oh, I just realized how I miss my co-leader for PM14 and I was fangirling over her during the workshop.
One big task done, baby.
FIRST CONCERT IN KOREA
My last Sunday was a truly memorable one. I had a productive morning by spending time watching Korean variety shows (p-r-o-d-u-c-t-i-v-e, yes) before heading to Jamsil for XIA FLOWER 3RD ASIA TOUR ENCORE! Xia Junsu from DBSK/JYJ that sold 14,000 tickets in 3 minutes! I wasn't in the ticket war and I am truly grateful that I managed to snatch a ticket.
I came as a spectator. I did prep myself because I knew NOTHING abot his songs before buying the ticket. I purchased his albums and kept listening to it prior to the concert. In case you're wondering why I bought the tix, I was just curious and I am a fan of TVXQ (post-breakup). I like TVXQ songs so I thought I should attend TVXQ's past member concert uh? Anyway, I was really anticipating what he had to offer with his title as one of the best K-Pop vocalists.
It was not disappointing, in fact it was AMAZING. The venue was perfectly filled despite the terrible weather and I loved the ambience! The crowd didn't go wild and uncontrollable but showing elegant enthusiasm (I don't know how to put it in English hmm). The show started 10 minutes late but he gave us 180 minutes show instead of 120 minutes as promised! Halo Adam Lambert, please learn from Asian singers next time. (re: Lambert promised 120mins concert but his Jakarta show was only 80 mins!!!)
I did cheer, improvise fanchant and laugh along with the audiences. One thing that I hate was Xia said many things and people were so touched until they cried but I was blank because it was in 'advanced' Korean. I had to look up on Twitter after the concert to understand what happened. It's ok, I'll study Korean harder!
Dear Xia, I came as your audience but I went home as your fan.
It was indeed amazing to see how he grew from DBSK era, the break up, banned from broadcast until now, but still able to pull out amazing show with his exceptional voice. His voice truly touches many souls.
I went back in the cold due to the nonstop rain. I was too happy. I closed my weekend with a joyful heart - although I started the week with a terrible flu and tardiness after taking a pain killer. I am grateful for everything that I've been through here. I hope all the beautiful moments that I shared here will be my motivation in the future whenever I feel down from the crazy study pressure.





annyeong haseyo aliraa. hahaha
ReplyDelete