The website is entirely in Korean only but don't worry, it's not that hard to find all the information you need. Google Translate will help a lot :) If you are non-Korean speaker and non-fluent-Chinese speaker like me, I highly suggest to do 방문접수 or visit/on-site registration rather than via mail or online which is going to be another challenge.
I found that HSK in Korea is very informative. They email you reminder before the test and keep you informed with the online result and SMS you when your certificate is ready. Very helpful, if only the Indonesian one could be like this *sigh*
They have posted the exam schedule and registration period for this year, so just pay attention to the time. Level 2, 4, 6 will usually held in the morning while level 1, 3 and 5 usually held at 1.30 PM. Check the venue because there are numerous places and differ from level to level. When you do the registration, you can check their maps which include information on the nearest Subway station.
Where should I register?
The registration center would be at Seoul Confucius Academy or 서울공자아카데미. It's close to Gangnam Station and they provide map. Quite easy to find but you need to climb a little. They also provide Chinese and HSK prep courses here but if you are non-Korean speaker, I don't know if this option is going to be your best bet.
Fee?
Currently ranging from KRW25,000-98,000 depends on your level. Level 1 is the cheapest and 6 is the most expensive.
What should I bring?
ID Card 외국인등록증, 3 ID pictures 3x4 (Level 1 and 2 don't need this tho)
It'd be great if you have a Chinese name or they would just pick randomly from your official name.
What to expect?
Expect to do the process in Korean as the officers did not seem to speak Chinese or English. I had problem understanding a question, "Do you want to take your cert at the office or do you want us to mail it?" or maybe it was just me who did not have adequate Korean skill hahaha.
How do I get the result?
You can opt for mail which costs another KRW3000 or pick it by visiting the Seoul office like what I did. This was very tricky as I got the SMS in Korean but I did not realize that I shouldn't go to Seoul Confucius Academy or the registration place. You should take it at HSK Office which was a walking distance from Seoul Confucius Academy.
I can't find map for this, so if you're not using Naver - here's the direction.
Find the Gangnam Style corner as the picture above (turn around from Exit 11/12). Go down the alley right in front of that corner (Kookmin Bank).
![]() |
| Minseok Building alley |
The officer that directed me from Seoul Confucius Academy said that its open until 18.00, I assume they're not open on the weekend tho.
Extra tips: If you want to study from the books they published, it's a great deal - given that you understand basic Korean. I took HSK Level 2 while my Korean skill was also equivalent to TOPIK Level 2 and I found the book really worth. I still have my level 2 book and tell me if you're interested. Mint condition with no scratch since I always do the test on other paper. :D


Woah.. level 2 Book without scretching kak? It's such a miracle haha..I want it.. I'm interested in it kak :D
ReplyDeleteWah I didn't know you're studying Chinese too! Di rumah ada tuh level 1-2 yang versi Indonesia.
DeleteAlira
Hello!
ReplyDeleteI stumbled upon your blog because I'm an American living in Seoul now & I wanted to take the HSK test here in November. Your post was super helpful!!! I have 2 questions I was hoping you could answer:
1) If I go to the Seoul Confucius Academy to register, will they speak English or Chinese? I'm worried they won't understand what I'm asking to do
2) When you took the test, do they give all the test directions in Korean?
I'm most nervous about this part. I'm afraid I'll do/mark something wrong and I'll have no idea what they're saying to me!
Thanks for your help! So glad you posted such detailed directions on your site!!
Hi Reeny,
DeleteThank you for dropping by.
1. Last time they didn't speak English (or maybe it was just the officers that I met). I did not try speaking to them in Chinese, but I bet they speak better Chinese than English. Rest assured, the process won't be complicated tho :)
2. Yes, Korean and Chinese. But my proctor spoke English and explained some parts to me and one other foreigner in English. They'd normally triple check the answer sheet for the test takers, making sure everyone follows the direction. :)
Alira
Thanks for the quick reply, Alira! Your detailed explanations have been a big help and have made me feel alot less nervous about the process! I'm going to go and register on Friday, so hopefully, things will work out smoothly.
ReplyDeleteTHANKS AGAIN! :)
My pleasure. Glad you found it useful, Reeny. Hope everything went smoothly yesterday and good luck for your HSK! 加油 :)
DeleteAlira