Friday, December 25, 2015

Home

9 days at home, what should I do? Who should I meet? 
I kept thinking about that and the list was never completed. It was very short. Too short. 

I planned not to waste any minute and spontaneously, I decided to have dinner in Grand Indonesia as soon as I arrived. I met my mom there and she couldn't stop teasing me.

"Eat a lot. What else do you want to eat after this? Wanna buy anything? Don't waste your chance, you look like you came from kampung."

In 9 days, I managed to eat almost everything that I miss while living in Korea.

That night, we arrived home at midnight. I went to my bedroom and everything was still in the same place. No one touched my stuff. Everything felt so familiar, from books on the shelf, dolls on my bed to my favorite Garfield bedsheets. I couldn't say I had a good sleep during those 9 days, I always woke up thinking how many days has passed, how many days left...

Although I purposely arranged my travel plan to be fully home on the weekend so that I can interact with my parents, I was able to meet some friends too. Hugs for Vanda, Luluk, Dimas, Yonanda! I used to say we would only be able to meet once a month once we got to high school and once a semester after we enter university. But given that we are *too* close with each other, we managed to meet once a week in high school and once a month when I was still enrolled in UGM. 9 months without meeting them was a real torture.


I was really really touched that ALL of them put extra effort to go home just to meet me. Luluk normally only go back once a month despite living only 1 hour drive from Bogor. Vanda hadn't been home for weeks since she was really busy with her concerts. During the 9 days, I met other friends that purposely (and unexpectedly) went back for meeting me. I love youuuu!

The next big thing for me was going to Yogya. I only lived there for less than 4 months but I have countless precious memories and friends left there. This time, I repeated my old routine: took the earliest morning flight. Later I realized early morning flight is much much better than early morning arrival...

Anyway, I was greeted by my uni friend, Sheila. She skipped a class to pick me up at the airport. I was really thankful and grateful for everything that she did for me. She is one amazing friend with kickass capability of standing on her own. To be honest, I did not expect to have any 'true' friend in university because I was there only for a short time, I skipped *too* many classes, I didn't interact well with them and all the excuses... But Sheila proved that the time I spent in Yogya was really worth it.

My lovely Yogya peeps
Later I got to meet some of my uni friends in 2 or 3 different meetings, I can't recall. Semester 3 peeps are really busy :))

Oh once I got home (again, thanks to Sheila), I didn't waste time before I got on my motorbike. I never for once expected I would miss riding my motorbike hahaha. It was kinda lame at first, not riding motorbike for almost a year. First timer again, I lost my balance few times and didn't dare to speed up because I was really really scared. I kept reminding myself that I need to go back to Korea safely (!!!) But in my fourth day in Yogya, I got my talent back (just right before I came back to Bogor... I almost missed my flight so I needed to go really fast)


highlight of my trip: Tyas and Martabak Red Velvet
Long story short, I really miss every minute I spent in Yogya. Yogya somehow felt much warmer this time... I miss my ranting about the weather. I miss begging Tyas to go to new places. I miss late-night talk with Tyas. I miss scolding Tyas. I miss Makti's mendoan. I miss climbing up the stairs in my home... I miss everything.

I felt like writing every lil detail, pouring all my memories and feelings to this post but I can't. I would definitely cry a Hangang :)))

Can't wait until June. 

No comments:

Post a Comment