Friday, September 30, 2016

Perayaan Dua Puluh


Ada terlalu banyak hal untuk disyukuri. Keluarga, teman-teman, guru, boss dan semua orang baik hati yang pernah gue temui dan semua rezeki yang gue dapatkan, I am very blessed.

Gue ingat ulang tahun kelima belas gue, kue dari Tyas di halaman Smansa setelah lebih dari satu bulan ulang tahun, karena gue literally gak punya teman di SMA baru gue. Satu tahun kemudian, gue sangat grumpy dihari ulang tahun gue karena gue punya konser dan it was not really a good memory. Tapi gue merayakan dengan teman-teman yang gue cintai, terutama Dimas, Luluk dan Vanda. Ulang tahun ketujuh belas merupakan salah satu yang terbaik. Gue menyatukan teman SD, SMP dan SMA dalam satu kesempatan dan berhasil pergi ke konser JJ Lin dengan kedok 'kado ulang tahun'. Setahun kemudian, teman-teman sudah kuliah melanglang buana, cuma Luluk yang masih setia ada. Yang terakhir setahun lalu, gue merayakan sembilan belas tahun gue hidup bersama teman-teman baru, dengan kue kecil dari orang-orang yang paham rasanya jauh dari zona nyaman kita. Tidak ada yang spesial. Jangankan perayaan, ujian dan kelas masih mendominasi.

Dua puluh kali ini adalah turning point baru.


Setelah 1.5 tahun, gue punya comfort zone, tempat pelarian dan sumber kebahagiaan. My twentieth birthday was a very special one. I was delighted to see my closest friends in Korea, although some people were missing (Tugce, you would always be in my heart). I could never fully express my gratitude to everyone who came and spared their busy time to celebrate my special day.

ASEAN frrreshmen
So it was all started with our dinner appointment. We, ASEAN frrreshmen, decided to meet in front of Law School building to go to the chicken place. I arrived first and they were coming in four, singing birthday song in a veryyyy loud voice. Started with the English version, then Malay, then Chinese then Indonesian and ended with Korean... Thank you so much, I was already red from embarrassment. They handed me a very light paper bag, with the shocking pink cone hat inside. They wanted me to wear it on the spot. OMG.

I was already too paiseh, these humans still wanted to go to toilet somemore! (OK switch to Manglish now) We went to the Law Building and the humans were all quietly studying. I was really really malu already and wanted to take the hat off. After spending like one decade in the toilet then we walked to the chicken place.

Things were fine but I did not realize that my laziness of using the elevator instead of stairs gave them some moment to check on the people who were already waiting. When I finally came inside, the crowd was already sitting and singing another birthday song for me! I was genuinely surprised and shocked to see the number of humans and some *unexpected* super-busy friends!


the crowd of the night
I could never pull such a birthday surprise with enormous teamwork by Kak Anung and almost *every* group of friends that I have. Elaine, who innocently asked me to have a birthday dinner and requested for my timetable. Yen and Piling, who were particularly patient and not mad when I left them for an event, right after we finished our class. Kak Farras, who came right after his evening class and helped to book the venue. Kety, who sacrificed her time to not study and come all the way to Anam. Ridwan, who would be the last person I expected to see because he is damn busy catching up with his school, I truly appreciated that for a few hours, he chose me over his science books! The rest of innocent humans whom I really treasured and I should not list one by one because I love them too much, this essay gonna be too long. The last, honorable mention for Kak Anung, who said she would eat chicken feet for dinner without me and turned out she worked on inviting these peeps and bought the cake and birthday gift on behalf of my family.

I never expected such crowd and pouring gifts, especially from my family. I was really happy, I still am. I am still an alcohol virgin and I am proud of it but I really think I should have paid for your beers, guys.

cake from home - well, my family
Ero, my sentimental-and-baperan brother, played a huge part this time. He came up with the idea and contacted Kak Anung through Instagram direct message. He paid for all these and yeah... Finally I appreciate you for being a sentimental and emotional boy. My mom was also quite detailed in her gift request. She remembered that I just bought a bright-colored coat last month so she asked Kak Anung to buy a dark-colored jacket this time. Even better, Kety, who was with me when I went shopping last month, remembers every single coat and jacket that I own. Why are you so lovely, guys!

I enjoyed reading crazy wishes on Facebook, especially from my SEALNutters. They ruined my image hahaha.


Ry sticks with her "smart but stupid", while I insist on my "positive but bitter" to her hahaha.

Tran reminded me that I am part of the 20s club right now, catching up with the rest of the team. Well, being the only one in the 10s was not that fun. :))


Sebahagia ini, harapan gue sederhana. Agar tetap selalu bahagia dan survive di Korea, dan lancar Bahasa Cina!

For everyone who has ever touched my life, thank you so much. Everyone who sent me kisses, hugs, and love from all across the globe, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment