Monday, January 5, 2015
Reflecting Back on My Journey
So you may have read about my roller-coaster journey for a scholarship. The waiting is about to come to an end. I can't help but reflect on the contributing factors - so that I can fully enjoy the bliss when the official result is announced.
I thought it was all started at SMP Negeri 1 Bogor. I learned a lot about the true meaning of friends and how it can literally be anyone - from the pals next door to teachers, so do enemies. I dealt with terrible disappointment during that period. Life full of cheesy love life, anger and tears was so tough to face. I did not have motivation to wake up in the morning yet I loved myself for too much to end my life (this is for real). I hated many people and at the same time, I was also hated by many.
Then I walked the path to SMA Regina Pacis. From the moment I entered the school, everything felt so right. Yet I did not have the confidence to take such a controversial decision right away. If I asked 20 people, 15 would against my decision to go to RP, 4 would believe that I am able to make the best decision and only 1 would support me. The number of advices to leave RP was so high and I was not sure about my future.
Until my anger mounted up.
I was looking for school that would able to commit and not give empty promises. I was looking for school that can control its students, not the other way round. Then I landed at SMA Negeri 2 Bogor because I thought it would be a good fit. But I was terribly wrong. The principal was late for more than 30 minutes at our first meeting. A teacher also asked me about my religious life. I have never met her before and it was so unacceptable. Later on, they lost my certificates.
I barely had to choose. The answer was pretty obvious. SMA Regina Pacis Bogor.
I've told people like thousands of times by now how proud I am to become part of SMA Regina Pacis Bogor and it's for sure that I never regret my decision. Never.
But if you are wondering...
Yes, I have thought of transferring in my junior year because I was teased by some of the boys in my class. Yes, I went through the period of barely having a real friend to talk to. Yes, I was not able to continue my math olympiad journey because apparently, I became incredibly stupid between the geniuses in school. Yes, I unconsciously waived my privileges of having the chance to win many kinds of competitions because I represented non-Moslem school. Yes, I could no longer skip exams just because I was not prepared - they will not grant you the make up exam. Yes, I was forced to behave accordingly to the rules with strict consequences. And yes, I felt so damn poor with so many students coming from successful business families.
But even with the points mentioned, I truly feel that SMA RP during that time is the most ideal school that I could ever find. You gonna meet people that truly love their job. You gonna meet the most dedicated teachers ever. You gonna feel at ease, even with the worst curriculum that the ministry could offer.
Most importantly, I met my greatest motivator and dear friend, Bu B. Arisekundiatmi, who was the Principal of SMA RP during my first two years. She is (literally and factually) the best principal that I ever had in my entire education life. I can say with my greatest gratitude and gratefulness that I am now standing strong, believing and holding on to my dream because of her, my dearest Bu Ari.
The reason why I suddenly wrote this blog despite a terrible cough and cold for nearly 3 days is because I want everyone to know how I feel deeply touched by Bu Ari - through her sweet and heartwarming message in this evening. Will tell more on the next post!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment