Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Pindahan dan Visa

Sebulan tanpa post, yes gue sesibuk itu. The last 4 weeks was the most stressful period that I've ever had in Korea so far. I had to deal with moving, changing my visa and all that. I learned a lot from the process and I swear I don't wanna deal with it anymore :(

So I was kicked out from my Ewha dorm per February 19th. Turned out I still had too much stuff remained despite sending 4 big boxes to my new dorm. I moved the rest of my stuff 'manually' as in walking down the hills and 2km road with two luggage, *many* plastic bags, bags and bolster... at 11PM in 1 degree freezing weather.


Kak Anung, my senior, already helped me but we just couldn't handle everything that we called for SOS to our friends. 2 people came - so in total there were 4 people carrying my stuff :(

The worst friend award will definitely be awarded to me.


I couldn't get in to my dorm right away because the check in date was 20th February. But it didn't really matter because until a week later, I still refused to move in to the dorm and chose to be parasite in Kak Anung's room instead hahahaha.

Now with the visa. My visa expiration date was February 23. I knew it would be a total mess when I received email from Korea University, my destination university, that I'll only be getting the docs by February 19. That would be my only chance to go to the immigration office because Feb 20-21 was weekend and I would have orientation the whole day on the 22nd. Going on the 23rd was, of course, not in my option.

But later, unexpected problem came from Ewha, my origin university. I had to collect documents from Ewha office too and it was said that it'd be done by Friday, February 19. So my perfect plan was to collect documents from both Ewha and Korea University on the same day and then go to the immigration right away. I've thought about the timing all that, until my bitchy coordi ruined everything.

(I WANT MY PERFECT COORDI, PLS :(()

I went to the office at 11 AM and the bitchy coordi said I could get the docs by 1PM. Having no trust, I double confirm with her if I could really get docs by 1PM. She confidently said "of course".

But even this small change didn't really work out with my tight timing since I booked a slot in immigration office at 4.30PM. So I had to send my lovely friend, Tugce, to collect the docs for me instead. I felt really really bad as Tugce had to wait for her to comeback after lunch and queue for quiet a long time.  But I felt even worse when it turned out that she couldn't get my documents because it wasn't ready.

I felt... I don't even know how to describe it. Mad? Disappointed? Well, it was a really mixed negative emotion and it was truly my saddest time ever in the last 1 year. Whose fault? The bitchy coordi.

I talked to her on the phone, she could only say sorry, sorry and sorry. Total bullshit. Sorry not to sorry, I truly have no respect for her. I didn't want to be harsh on her since it was only her first month but after messing up with my docs, I don't even want to see her face.

I cried so hard and I called everyone that I could think of, from Kak Anung to my teacher. My teacher offered me every possibility but nothing could work out. The expiration date is too near and I really don't have any other day to go the immigration office. In the end, I think she called the bitchy coordi and the bitchy coordi called me back and said that she would prepare my docs by 3.30PM. Too late but I knew I didn't have any option.

I was late for my appointment at the immigration office and they did not accept my application that day. My mind was scattered all over the place and I couldn't really remember how did I survive the weekend, thinking that I might just pay the fine or being kicked out of the country...

I told so many people about my misery and that I might just leave voluntarily, along with other nonsense. I couldn't think straight for the whole weekend. Everyone, at least every Indonesian, was really concerned about me and tried to connect me to the Embassy that, interestingly, has nothing to do with my docs...

But anyway, it was solved by going to the immigration office super early on Monday, even before the door was opened (you know back then in Indonesia, they queue from 5AM to get their passport app since only 100 apps are accepted per day?). I got number 7, despite being THAT early. I was really anxious while queueing, knowing that I couldn't miss my orientation. My counter opened super late as the punishment of coming without reservation (they're being super harsh these days :\) and number 1-6 were all rejected. Rejected.

When it was my turn, I prepared the script of things to say in Korean, shall they reject me. It worked out well. They ACCEPTED my app, OMG! Also I managed to catch my orientation despite being 30 minutes late! Yeay! FYI, people after me were all rejected too.

Then my uni life began, There are a looooot of interesting stories. I only have English classes yet I was placed in Beginner/Foundation level for Academic English. It truly says something tho. My English is getting worse and worse and my Korean skill is also... gone. :))))))

5 comments:

  1. Fighting kak! Idk what to say but honestly i consider you as good example for me :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words <3<3

      Alira

      Delete
  2. kak,visanya itu diperpanjang 1 thun sekali ya?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tergantung jenis visa dan ketentuan imigrasinya :)

      Alira

      Delete
  3. ooo...makasih ya kak atas infonya..:D

    ReplyDelete