But I chose to smile and start my day with a short prayer.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lunch time passed. I got my result, and it was not as bad as what I predicted. I was still above average, something that has become my academic goal. I ended up feeling satisfied of myself, despite just being 'slightly above average'.
Then another surprise came. I happened to have conversation with someone that I did not expect. She is a senior from school, older than Kak Anung and not for once I thought I would have a casual conversation with her. She is someone young with authority and I never thought I would have chance to know her. Our talk started with something light. In truth, it did not really go too far. It was only about school, life and some other light stuffs.
But she got me there every time she asks to elaborate. She digs deeper in every topic. Shortly enough, I see clearer sight of people around us, knowing them much better in a flash. I keep rewinding the things we talked about, I still feel mesmerized.
This is what happen when you do human resources long enough. You scan people. You want to know their life story and real identity, not what they choose to show. You try to see how they think, you listen and question, not hearing and accepting. You try to figure out who they are, more than what they write in their CV. You take off all the title, school and nationality label and start putting on adjectives on your friends. You see them as human.
I did not get to feel this often but awakening can really come from anyone. Be it in a positive or negative connotation.
So yesterday, I messed up with my memory, I brought my friend to trouble and I did not bring umbrella. It was a really hot day and I had many things to complain about but I did not. After all, I have more things to be thankful about. I choose to reflect. I choose to be grateful, every single day. I choose to be happy. The power of starting your day with a smile and prayer.
No comments:
Post a Comment