Monday, December 22, 2014

WEEK 14: FINAL(LY)

Telah tibalah kita pada masa yang berbahagia. Minggu terakhir semester 1!

There was nothing special actually. I was 'killed' on the first day of week 14. I supposed to answer a question as a realist but I ended up saying my true feelings which sounded very liberal.

Tuesday class was very fun because we watched The Princess Bride for Diplomacy course. Then the Social Political System class was okay. The wrap up was kinda nice and I am determined to get my writing posted on local newspaper for the sake of getting A! Hahaha. Next was Indonesian Foreign Policy class and the lecture was kind enough to give us the necessary materials to prep for the finals. Foreign Policy is one of the hardest courses since the materials and the score are very broad - from 1945 until now. The final wrap up was UNDP Simulation for International Organization course! Yeay OMG I managed to survive my very first Model United Nations!

UGM IUP INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS 2014
 The real highlight was how I get close to my classmates after 13 weeks.

I am not the kind who loves to hang out around with bunch of people. I prefer to keep my circle small and be very loyal to them. My besties in Yogya are all people from the past haha. I mean, my old schoolmates from middle school and high school. I was very late in finding my click in IUP because they are all come from very well off background and money is never an issue. It takes time to adjust and adapt since I've been living in a quite frugal lifestyle since I was in primary school. They're all kind anyway.

So Sheila, the Banjarmasin girl, came and slept over in my house on Monday. I was delighted to the fact that I finally shared thoughts with an INTJ yeaaay! Then we watched DORAEMON with 3 other IUP girls (Shani, Arin and Liony) at MAGELANG which is 1 hour drive from Yogya on Tuesday. Yes we love Doraemon sooo badly!

Then Yasmin also came because her dorm got curfew and she just finished discussing on MUN position paper at 11-ish. We had quite a talk and I personally enjoyed knowing my classmates better. If only I could speed up the whole process and find my click right away. I wouldn't take it for granted tho - I only get close to Tyas and Luluk after a year. One year.

Saturday was another fabulous day. I picked up Tyas from the airport on motorbike and I just remembered that I didn't bring helmet for her! I quickly rushed to the nearby Lottemart and bought the cheapest helm (which felt like freakin 'panci'). It was raining and terribly cold but I felt happy anyway. It wasn't only about picking up my Cireng Keraton and Beard Papa that she brought. It was a form of soft diplomacy and terribly good seduction to make her stay in my house for another week hahahahaha.

Then I posted on Path how I just stocked Cireng. I guess the charm worked that Sheila, Vannessa and Yasmin came to my house and spent another two nights here yeaaay!

So I guess, Week 14 was fabulous. I value the process that I've been through. My papers don't sound that shallow anymore. Coming to college is indeed a very good investment.


No comments:

Post a Comment